Vegan & Gluten Free Nutella (Homemade)
- Jar / Container
- 1 Cup Raw or Roasted Hazelnuts (Unsalted)
- 0.5 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1/3 Cup Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate (See Notes For Cacao Version)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and add hazelnuts to a baking sheet in a single layer. If the hazelnuts are already roasted, roast for 8-10 minutes. If not, roast for 12-15 minutes. This will warm the natural oils, loosen the skins, and it will make it easier to blend into butter.
- As soon as they are done, remove from oven and let them cool slightly. Remove their skin if they have any for a creamier Nutella.
- Heat the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave in 30 second increments. Set aside.
- Once the hazelnut butter is smooth and creamy, first add the vanilla and salt and blend well.
- Add the melted chocolate a little at a time, and blend until well incorporated. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt or vanilla if desired.
- If you want to make your Nutella a bit sweeter, you can add stevia or 1 teaspoon maple syrup.
- Transfer to a jar / container, and store at room temperature for everyday use. Consume within 2-3 weeks.
- After blending the nuts, add 1.5 Tbsp cacao.
- Add the vanilla, and salt and blend until it's well incorporated.
- Add 1 Tbsp maple syrup or honey if not vegan and blend well.
* The more liquid sweetener you add, the firmer/stiffer the Nutella will be.
* Recipe as written yields roughly 1 cup Nutella spread.
* Nutritional information is a rough estimate Nutrition Per Serving (2 Tbsp = 1 Serving)
|Calories: 152||Fat: 14.4g||Saturated Fat: 2g|
|Sodium: 58mg||Carbs: 5.6g||Fiber: 2.6g|
|Sugar: 2.3g||Protein: 3.5g||Calcium: 250mg|
My name is Jas Rolyn, and I am a singer-songwriter from Malta.
When I am not singing or writing songs, I am either running my blog, or capturing the world through a lens!
For any collabs or inquiries, email me on email@example.com
Subscribe to my newsletter, and get notified whenever I post on my blog 👉🏽